Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, I just recently got into investing and wouldn't mind knowing if anyone else has done research on the companies I own. So far I'm beating the ASX200 by about 1% after brokerage, so I'm happy. Just wondering if these companies are "screaming shorts", or whatever it's called, and I haven't realised (or don't want to).

Anvil Mining - AVM

BHP Biliton - BHP

Macquarie Office Trust - MOF

AVM is growing like theres no tomorrow, I bought it a few months ago and it has just posted a new record profit, something like 35% higher than the 6months to June last year.

BHP is massive, I didn't do all that much research on it (yeah yeah) but I bought it during the volatility of the last few months when it was down a bit. It had (has) a peg of less than 1 which is good and it ain't going anywhere any time soon. Could have got it much cheaper but oh well. My only beef with BHP is that they don't have a DRP program. Which really sucks, considering the fact that it's already so big. Then again it has tones of growth potential, even at a cap of $100billion.

MOF is probably my only 'mistake' so far although it's not too bad. They have really good dividend, like 8% and a DRP program. Plus I bought them at about their book value, not at the time, but the book value now is what I payed a few months ago, they had some pretty big gains on their property. I guess everyone gets lucky sometimes.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.