Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

If you were required to file a Schedule B with the original return, you will also need to file an amended Schedule B with the Form 1040X. The instructions to the Form 1040X state "Your Form 1040X must have the appropriate forms and schedules attached or it will be returned for them."(original emphasis).

Our practice is to attach an amended Form 1040, with "AMENDED" centered in the top margin as well as the amended schedule.

Some firms also attach copies of "AS ORIGINALLY FILED" forms and schedules, but we believe that is a little bit of overkill.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.