Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
Let's increase FEMA's funding.

Mike

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/10/sandy-refugees-say-life...

No one is allowed to go anywhere without showing their I.D. Even to use the bathroom, "you have to show your badge," said Amber Decamp, a 22-year-old whose rental was washed away in Seaside Heights, New Jersey.

The mini city has no cigarettes, no books, no magazines, no board games, no TVs, and no newspapers or radios.

People have gotten so dependent on modern technology like Smart phones that they no longer own old technology like battery powered transistor radios. That smart phone is worthless when there is no power and unlike AA batteries, replacement cell phone batteries aren't easy to find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4dgvcItgRg&feature=youtu...

He said FEMA stopped them from taking photos of "Camp Freedom" and turned off the WiFi and said they couldn't charge their smart phones because there wasn't enough power. "Every time we plugged in an iPhone or something, the cops would come and unplug them," he said.

The man described the "micro-city" (as FEMA calls it) as a prison. The Red Cross promised facilities with washing machines and hot showers, but sent victims to live in unheated tents.

FEMA's response is predictable. After all, it was designed for martial law and rounding up and interning people in concentration camps. FEMA's disaster response role in basically a sham and a public relations front.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yep, those folks are entitled to a Hilton like hotel room, chef prepared 3 meals a day, a daily cigarette ration, a place to trade their food stamps (re issued) for booze and beer and drugs, and all the normalcy of 'the hood'.

Sorry...they are lucky they got a bed and any meals.

Tens of thousands of housing units were wiped out, and a hundred thousand damaged

225,000 folks in NJ live five feet or less above high tide level.

Let's see..there are 300 or so folks in a camp that would hold 3000.

Next we'll hear about 'over crowding'.

Sorry..... it's good incentive for these folks to get a life, find a friend to move in with, or get on with their life.

They expect too much. Too fast.

There just aren't tens of thousands of 'spare rental units' in NJ.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I do not want to complain about FEMA

However, it just ticks me off that FEMA is what FEMA is and that is the root of all evil when Bush is in office and all flowers and light when a Democrat is in office

That is not FEMA's fault.

Now like all sane conservatives, when discussing this with a piece of refuse(aka liberal), I will say FEMA is terrible and on and on

BTW, anyone who blindly calls their opponent a racist, and intentionally tries to inflame racial animus for furthering their agenda -- does fully deserve the term piece of refuse as a valid identifier.
No. of Recommendations: 3
"I do not want to complain about FEMA"

I don't either but if, indeed, they are stopping people from using their I-phones to document their living conditions, I do have a problem. We don't get news coverage any more, we get Democratic talking points. SO...what we have is the internet. And if OUR government is stopping people from documenting what's going on during a relief effort that is paid for with OUR tax dollars......you bet I have a problem.

I have the same problem with the non-coverage about the Red Cross. Yep, on Tv we see lines for food that will, obviously, take hours. Not one interview with the people standing on line. Not one word about why they haven't put up more food lines to prevent these kinds of outrageous waits, yet every tv program has been begging for money for the Red Cross for "disasters LIKE this one"...which means the Red Cross can use it for whatever they want. Imagine an 80 year old being forced to stand on that line. If we had a Republican in the oval office, the 80 yr old woman's face would be on the front page of every paper around the world. It's sickening. If our govt is stopping people from documenting the treatment they are receiving from our govt and govt endorsed groups, we're close to a very serious problem here in, what used to be, a pretty great country. The media, at one time, actually had some ethics. They were a check on the schnanagans and outrages that often happen with our elected officials who let the office go to their heads. No longer the case. The media has let their power go to their heads and ethics and professionalism are gone. The Internet is our only hope to keep this group even marginally truthful.
No. of Recommendations: 1
"
I don't either but if, indeed, they are stopping people from using their I-phones to document their living conditions, I do have a problem. We don't get news coverage any more, we get Democratic talking points. SO...what we have is the internet. And if OUR government is stopping people from documenting what's going on during a relief effort that is paid for with OUR tax dollars......you bet I have a problem."

I am always skeptical about those type of claims. They never seem to prove true

However, it does bother me a great deal that the press does not follow-up on them and give me enough coverage to sate my curiosity.

I have nothing but problems with how this entire thing has gotten covered.. Because I am not an Obama drone, only one of those could ignore the fact that this is so much like Katrina in response and the coverage is so dissimilar.

Not only does the MSM sicken me, but people like JoelCairo, Goofy and others accepting this, and thinking it is OK sickens me even more.

If your ideology is better, if your plans are working, if when you do government your results are so much better because the other side hates government -- then demand MORE coverage of your heroes -- demand that everyone be shown every facet of your success.

If the media is not showing you everything, demand more. Don't be a complete heal and say stupid stuff such as the media is right-wing so they do not show it. That is beyond stupid, to convince yourself of that, is so dangerous. Don't let them be dupes, abuse them NOT FEMA-- question FEMA point out there results stink in general but are great given the circumstances and chaos they operate in -- but that there results are equal across administrations.

My problem is with the press. my problem is with the bottom feeders of the left in general. FEMA, not so much, I might not want them doing what they are doing in large part, but that is a decision not of FEMA but of elected morons .
PK227:
I don't either but

"I have the same problem with the non-coverage about the Red Cross. "

Why? Don't you have enough worries in your life? DOn't you worry enough about the impending fiscal cliff?

---------

PK227:"on Tv we see lines for food that will, obviously, take hours. "

So? Why aren't YOU there volunteering? MOst of the folks there are volunteers from around the country, giving up their Thanksgiving to feed those folks. ANd is not as if those folks are busy 10 hours a day cleaning up their property (Instead demanding others do it). Yeah, it might be hard on 80 year olds. Where are their kids and friends and relatives?

Now, how much did YOU volunteer? Did you travel to the NYC area on YOUR money to help out? DId you give up your holiday?

Didn't think so. Just a whiner

----------

PK227:"Not one interview with the people standing on line."

Oh, wow.......so they wait for the VOLUNTEERS to serve them food. Duh!.....

Yeah,sleeping in big tents with lots of others is not fun after a few days.

And rental housing is as scarce as hens teeth.....the vacancy rate before the hurricane was like 1%....and with 10,000 or more housing units destroyed, and 100,000 damaged....what did you expect?

Instant rebuilding?

-------

PK227:" Not one word about why they haven't put up more food lines to prevent these kinds of outrageous waits,"

As if those folks are so busy goofing off and killing time?

Again, why aren't YOU volunteering, giving up your holiday, to work for the Red Cross? 99% of their people are volunteers. You did know that, right?

The money they solicit goes for supplies - food and medical and equipment.....

-------

PK227:" yet every tv program has been begging for money for the Red Cross for "disasters LIKE this one"."

And just who did you think buys the food, has the euqipment to heat and serve the food, has the tables, tents, ways to haul the supplies to where it is needed?

Just how much a day to feed the folks,and house and feed the volunteers and the expenses - gas, propane, diesels for generators, trucks, transportation?

------

PK27:"Imagine an 80 year old being forced to stand on that line. "

Yes? One with no place to go and nothing else to do all day long. ANd who says the lines are hours long?

-------

PK227:"If we had a Republican in the oval office, the 80 yr old woman's face would be on the front page of every paper around the world."

Really?

Like the terrorist islamo suicide bomber blowing herself up on an Israeli bus in downtown Tel Aviv because of 'inhumane conditions in Gaza' where they were launching rockets from her back yard and her son got killed in the process?

Gimme a break

-------

PK227:" It's sickening."

Really?: What is sickening is folks complaining about voluntters working their butts off.

-----------

{L227" If our govt is stopping people from documenting the treatment they are receiving from our govt and govt endorsed groups, we're close to a very serious problem here in, what used to be, a pretty great country. "

Did you ever think the volunteers don't need 'welfare weenies' complaining and complaining about how they didn't get steak tonight, but get beef stew and chicken stew and vegetables out of can cooked in a 50 gallon pot? That they didn't get their Starbucks quality coffee but had to settle for 'just coffee' cooked in a 40 gal urn? Or they didn't get their fresh asparagus tips today?

-------

Sorry, these are temporary camps with the idea of getting the folks out of them as soon as possible.

NOt luxury digs with 'servants' waiting on folks' hand and foot.

Maybe YOU should walk a few miles in the volunteers shoes.

t.
Don't be a complete heal and say stupid stuff such as the media is right-wing so they do not show it.

Proof that the media is right-wing: Someone in the media actually thought about the right's accusation that the media is left-wing.

Deciding that it's true just proves how far in the right-wing tank the media is.

(Or something.)