Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 78
The Feste Award nominations are open. It is high time that Reitnut (Ralph Block) is recognized with a Feste Award since Ralph is the embodiment of TMF's motto, "Educate, Amuse, Enrich." Year after year, Ralph provides in-depth analysis, patiently helping others (including me) make money.

I think a REIT Board regular should nominate Reitnut. However, if nobody steps up to the plate, I will. I will also support the nomination on METAR.

Wendy
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 25
Thanks, guys...This award would certainly be nice to receive, but I am very happy just to know that those who hang out here read my posts and enjoy them.

Ralph
No. of Recommendations: 3
I do enjoy your posts, which are so thoughtful and well-written (not to mention useful).

The Feste Award rules require at least 3 posts from 2013. Would you please link to at least 3 of your best posts so I can begin to work on the nomination post. After all, you know best what you are proudest of.

Thanks,
Wendy
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi, Wendy,

Do you know how the Feste committee would feel about Ralph's posts that were originally written for another source (one of his columns)? I'd guess that he might pick those posts as among his best work, but would that be ok for Feste?

Thanks,

Ken
<Do you know how the Feste committee would feel about Ralph's posts that were originally written for another source (one of his columns)? I'd guess that he might pick those posts as among his best work, but would that be ok for Feste?>

I don't know. But Ralph has written posts in response to questions on the REIT board that are probably as good as his columns.

Wendy
No. of Recommendations: 6
No. of Recommendations: 6
Excellent! Do you want to write the nomination? Would another REIT member (e.g. yodaorange, who writes so well) want to write the nomination?

If nobody else steps up to the plate, I will write it. Regardless, I will support Reitnut on METAR because I think he is truly outstanding and deserves the Feste Award.

Wendy
No. of Recommendations: 1
Would you please link to at least 3 of your best posts so I can begin to work on the nomination post. After all, you know best what you are proudest of.

Wendy, thanks for this suggestion. Being only semi-literate in matters computer, however, I confess to not knowing how to do that on this Board. Also, finding three posts from all my posts of 2013 would require a lot of time that I don't have.

But I have a suggestion: Why not just take the three that drew the most recommendations, excluding the copy and paste posts from my SNL blog posts? If you would explain to me how to do that, I will give it a try. Thanks much.

Ralph
I don't think it's fair to include posts that were originally written for SNL (whether this is legal or not). Hopefully, there are at least three good ones that can be submitted outside of those SNL posts.

R.
Thanks, Zoofreak, for coming up with these posts. Of all of them, I like the first two best, while several of the others are from SNL blog posts. Perhaps we could go with the first two, which got quite a few recommendations, and then find a third one to go with them? I will look for a third one if I can figure out how to do that.

Ralph