Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
You may find the following incredible yet reading is believing: there are references to The Feste Award in past and present literature. Drum roll, please.

“The Feste: A public award sought for by the anonymous as to achieve the recognition of their equally anonymous peers.”
Ambrose Bierce.

“Mama! Papa! Feste!”
A very young Winston Spencer Churchill.

“Steve has it all: first around the world in a balloon then first around the world single-handed nonstop. All the poor guy has left is The Feste.”
Burt Rutan.

“Actually it was called The Thinker but recently it's been named 'Awaiting the Feste Award winner'.”
Rodin.

“I would ask the person who seeks approval through the Feste Award to ask why this approval is necessary when the good work done in striving for it is reward enough.”
Woodrow Wilson.

“Yonder is de castle of me fadder. Innit we have a Feste.”
Tony Curtis.

'I'd attend the ceremonies for the Feste but it's in cyberspace which is to say no booze and no sex. Very Presbyterian. I will be under the host at another party.”
Dorothy Parker.

“Although his wound ached he still strove to reach the pinnacle the Feste represented but, unfortunately, was eaten by a fish.”
Ernest Hemingway.

“An award named after me? You love me! You love me! You love me!”
Feste

“I think the Feste Award statuette is, frankly, an abomination. A Canadian couple making love in a canoe while about to go over a waterfall? The title 'Everything's okay so far' is trite. I would have preferred a painting showing the essence of the Feste in a series of alternate squares each representing the angst and wonder of the subject.”
Picasso

“Do I know The Feste Award? No but hum a few bars and I'll fake it.”
Pablo Cassals

“Okay, if it's that important, name the first winner of it.”
Damon Runyon

“The Feste Award? If MichaelR doesn't get it then I have a role for him in 'All My Children'. He can play the part of a white-haired geezer who we throw buns at. Watch the show for the first food fight caused by the Feste. Check you local listings for time and channel.”
Susan Lucci

Well, there you have it. The Feste past and present. Have you found any references as the above? In this, Google doesn't work.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.