Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
FF -who wonders how many times one of Bob Hartley's players takes a cheap shot late in a games before *he* gets suspended instead of the player.

I was wondering if someone was going to bring Hartley up in the discussion of the rash of Thrashers violence. Having watched Hartley as coach of the Avalanche between Marc Crawford and Tony Granato, I'm of the opinion that while he doesn't coach dirty (it was Crawford, with his prize pupil Claude Lemieux, that was the architect of the bloody Wings-Avs rivalry, not Hartley), he also doesn't go out of his way to coach a clean game. He never appeared (to me, anyway) to be the type of guy to get guys injured when games got out of hand. Maybe it was just that the Avs weren't way down in many of the games he coached.

It's got to be a little tough, when you're down big and the 3rd/4th lines are getting more minutes, to avoid the big hit injuries, because the low-liners want to make an impression and give the team some quality, hardworking minutes. And the 3rd/4th lines tend to be where the guys play who are better at hitting than scoring. Of course, if they were suspending coaches for this stuff, Marc Crawford would be spitting on windshields* for money (and Steve Moore might still be playing). And I think I hear the "get over it, n8" alarm going off...

I see Boulton's apology as a nice, but semi-calculated gesture.

-n8 (* find the Hartley connection there, trivia buffs)
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.