Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Let's say you are in employee that made over 72K on one job and then switched his job, still a W-2 employee. You will get a credit for the FICA taxes withheld from you on the second job. But what about the corporate side of those taxes? Can anyone claim credit for that? And if not, will social security give you income credit for extra taxes paid in over a max?

A related question is about 401(k). On your first job you have contributed the max allowed (10k), but contributions are not matched. Your second job offers 100% matching. Is there a way to contribute on you second job?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.