No. of Recommendations: 0
Okay, so I'm starting to research my 403(b) options, never having invested before. The organization I work for has many programs to choose from. (I'm luckier than most who are stuck with annuities.)

I like some of the funds at Vanguard, but there are a few that really interest me at Fidelity. Vanguard seems highly regarded around here, but I haven't heard much on Fidelity.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
WayStar
Print the post Back To Top
Vanguard is popular around Fooldom because of their inexpensive management fees and wide variety of 'index funds'. Fidelity is slightly more expensive (or at least the funds in my 401k) than Vanguard, but they are still cheaper than a lot of funds out there.

-Warthog
I have my 403b with Fidelity. I chose it at the time because I had a regular account with them (that my father opened when I was a minor, so I never actually made a choice). They have very good web access - you can do almost everything online, including changing your plan allocations, and their statements are clear.

Like with any mutual fund company, you should do your research when selecting funds, but I think they have a reasonable range, and some of their funds are in the tops for their categories, according to Lipper and Morningstar.

I should note that my plan gives me access to ALL of their funds - if yours is more limited, you should check out the choices before signing on.

- Olivia