Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I need to file a couple of 1099-misc for a local political party for which I'm the treasurer*, and it appears I've already messed up. I assumed that these would be on-line, fillable pdf forms -- no big deal.

Looking around, it appears that TaxSlayer offers a service to take your data and properly submit these. (I'm familiar with TaxSlayer through the VITA program.) Is this the best option for me at this point?



*Party has never had enough money to hire anyone or do any of the required state disclosure filing until late in 2018. I didn't think being the treasurer was going to be any big deal either -- just keep track of the checking account. I've filed half-a-dozen statements and reports with the state since the end of October and have another one due in a week!
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.