Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
DD is studying abroad in Florence, and won't be back until May. She has given me permission to file her taxes, and she'll be getting back everything that was withheld from both state and federal returns. I can file her federal form electronically, and just do an electronic signature because she has given me permission, but I won't file the state electronically because it is expensive, particularly relative to how much she is getting back. For that, I will need to mail in a paper copy. How does that get signed? Can I just sign it as her agent since she's said it is OK? Do I need something in writing, and if so, what is that? I'd have to get it from her electronically via email if that's the case.

Any ideas how I handle this since she is out of the country for a couple of months?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.