Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My son is trying to file his taxes and their pretty straight forward except for the fact that his wife has decided to file with another man that she lives with (weird situation) and a child is involved. She is neither married to this man nor has she lived with him for the entire year. My son sends 310.00 a month in child support which I understand is not tax deductible but my question is whether she has the right to pull off a stunt like this legally. Seems to me that if this was the case anyone could use anyone else as an exemption no holds barred. If anyone has any knowledge of this subject please E-mail me at
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.