Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Finally found a good source - it is form 8911.

From what I can tell it doesn't apply for AMT, so if close to hitting AMT, that limits the credit.
But no direct income limits on it.

I don't see any details about what should/shouldn't be considered part of the cost. So I think the needed wiring upgrades would be OK to include. Which would be nice, since they need to happen for other reasons. (I need to get rid of that federal pacific panel, since it's a fire hazard)
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.