Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am looking for an Excell macro or the approprieat equations that performes the following financial calulation:

If you invested $5000.00 in a mutal fund 37 months ago, and a monthly purchase plan of $150.00/month for the first 17 months, then increase it to $250.00/month for 10 more months, and the last 10 months increase it again to $350.00/month. What is your average rate of return since inception, if the value of your fund is now worth $15,000.

thanks

Zora
Print the post Back To Top
You can get help on Excel brain teasers like this on the Spreadsheet Advice message board in this same Information Desk folder. Just hit Messages on the home page or Information Desk above :)

Patrick
I am looking for an Excell macro or the approprieat equations that performes the
following financial calulation:

If you invested $5000.00 in a mutal fund 37 months ago, and a monthly
purchase plan of $150.00/month for the first 17 months, then increase it to
$250.00/month for 10 more months, and the last 10 months increase it again to
$350.00/month. What is your average rate of return since inception, if the value
of your fund is now worth $15,000.

There is a function on excel that will calculate internal rate of return. I think its irras or something like that. Should be able to find something in the help files.

I usually use a calculator and a pencil, but for as much as you have, that would take some time.

Crazyfred