Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks all for the advice on my car loan question.

I went to a Nissan and Honda dealership this weekend and asked about financing plans for recent college grads and both said they don't offer any. The Honda sales guy told me that "special" financing is only available on Civics (I was looking at the Accord). And the Nissan salesperson told me to go through a credit union if I could because their financing rates range from 10 to 18%.

Do these plans range from dealership to dealership? I was under the impression that Honda, at least, would offer me some sort of plan. I am going to look at other dealerships this weekend. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

Print the post Back To Top
I went to a Nissan and Honda dealership this weekend and asked about financing plans for recent college grads and both said they don't offer any. The Honda sales guy told me that "special" financing is only available on Civics (I was looking at the Accord). And the Nissan salesperson told me to go through a credit union if I could because their financing rates range from 10 to 18%.

Do these plans range from dealership to dealership? I was under the impression that Honda, at least, would offer me some sort of plan. I am going to look at other
dealerships this weekend. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

=======================================================

I believe that the financing or rebates for College grads most often are offered by domestic car manfs.

In addition, if you are looking at buying a vehicle and haven't first looked at loans through banks or credit unions, you are doing yourself a disservice. Every dealership is going to give you high interest rate financing, unless you can inform them that you can get x% at your bank or credit union. I've found that on every vehicle I've purchased that the dealership then beat that %.

As always this is just my opinion,

Aaron
...I am going to look at other dealerships this weekend. Any suggestions on what else I could do?

I recall seeing ads for discounts for recent grads also, and tried a search to see what might be available. I ran across a site that has a lot of customer rebate and dealer incentive information. I didn't find anything on recent grad discounts, but they say the information is updated often. Maybe the information they do have will be helpful to you, or others looking for a car.

http://www.intellichoice.com/ic2/rebates/

Bob Mc
Thanks all for the advice on my car loan question.

I went to a Nissan and Honda dealership this weekend and asked about financing plans for recent college grads and both said they don't offer any. The Honda sales guy told me that "special"
financing is only available on Civics (I was looking at the Accord). And the Nissan salesperson told me to go through a credit union if I could because their financing rates range from 10 to
18%.

Do these plans range from dealership to dealership? I was under the impression that Honda, at least, would offer me some sort of plan. I am going to look at other dealerships this weekend.
Any suggestions on what else I could do?
-------------------

Thats just simply not true...at least in the case of the honda guy. The special financing that he was reffering to is 3.9% and 4.9% on 99 civics..that is NOT what I meant by college grad financing. American Honda Credit has a college grad program. Go to the honda web site, print it out, and give that salesman the copy..or better yet, go somewhere else. Anycase, the rate should be 8-10%. That is their normal rate, its not 'special' its the rate that anyone gets...its just that with the college grad program, its much easier to qualify IF you have good credit(ie no late pays/write offs, etc)

Hope that helps..Sounds to me like you went to some bad dealers..Nissan is notorious for those..honda should be a bit better.