No. of Recommendations: 18
I am a reluctant dragon who has delayed Lion and not signed up for iCloud, yet the latter helped find my lost iPhone 4 on a hiking trail in Penna.

My son and I were in a restaurant in Breezewood when I discovered the iPhone was not in my pocket. We looked all through the restaurant and the car to no avail. Fortunately I had an MBA [with SL] along for some navigation help, so I logged on to my long-existing me.com account and floundered around until I thought to click on the new iCloud icon.

There I viewed with distinct satisfaction a 'Find My iPhone' option. Whoopee! It displayed a location on the trail to an abandoned Penna Turnpike tunnel that we had just finished hiking. It was about 3/4 mile from the trailhead of a 2-mile trail.

We went to the general area and called the iPhone number many times from my son's Droid, but heard no answering ring. After about a 20-minute search my son found my iPhone lying on the trail's hard surface. It was in good shape and the sound unfortunately had been turned way down ore we'd have found it sooner.

Now how can I continue to disparage iCloud for all its confusion and faults others keep pointing out?

Bless you, Apple!

J
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.