Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not really lazy...promise I've looked at the Home Page for help re: new look for the boards after the redesign went into effect.

BUT, how are you finding all the recent posts NOT shown on the Favorites page?

That page may indicate 15 new posts but will only show 3 or 4 "new" ones, so I have to keep going back, back, back, to find newer ones posted to "old" threads.

I know there must be a way you older fools can do this more quickly. Give me the answer, please?
Print the post Back To Top
I'm not really lazy...promise I've looked at the Home Page for help re: new look for the boards after the redesign went into effect.

BUT, how are you finding all the recent posts NOT shown on the Favorites page?

That page may indicate 15 new posts but will only show 3 or 4 "new" ones, so I have to keep going back, back, back, to find newer ones posted to "old" threads.

I know there must be a way you older fools can do this more quickly. Give me the answer, please?

When you have the Board open click on the word Unthreaded. This will list all of the unread posts at the end of the list, highlighting the ones you have not yet read. The only drawback is that as you click on next, the next post in order comes up, not necessarily on the same thread. You might end up bouncing from thread to thread in the order that people have posted.

I seldom use the Threaded order anymore, unless I only want to follow a single thread on a board that's not one of my favorites. I wish you could set certain boards as threaded and others as unthreaded without affecting all of the boards. (Maybe I'll go request that on the Message Boards message board. Hmmm, is there one of those?)

MJ
No. of Recommendations: 2
I wish you could set certain boards as threaded and others as unthreaded without affecting all of the boards. (Maybe I'll go request that on the Message Boards message board. Hmmm, is there one of those?)

Try the Improve the Fool board at http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?id=1010012002031016

..IF
The only drawback is that as you click on next, the next post in order comes up, not necessarily on the same thread. You might end up bouncing from thread to thread in the order that people have posted.

Isn't that why they put the Threaded and Unthreaded buttons on the post level? You can view the most recent posts in Unthreaded mode, view a message and, if the thread interests you, click Threaded to continue viewing messages in that thread.

Josh out.
MJ......"When you have the Board open click on the word Unthreaded. This will list all of the unread posts at the end of the list, highlighting the ones you have not yet read. The only drawback is that as you click on next, the next post in order comes up, not necessarily on the same thread. You might end up bouncing from thread to thread in the order that people have posted."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks, MJ, for the info!! I had a feeling that might be the answer, but it really is easier to follow threads, and I had hoped not to have to resort to this.

Oh well......it's worth the effort for Aruba, is it not?

Now to play catch up! :) (And these boards are sooooo slow tonight!! Is all of Fooldom on-line?! :(