Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
First, Brian, are you a sickly widow? If so please e-mail me using the "reply to author" box.

You want to look at page A-6 of the Form 1040 Instructions. There, you will see that if your Adjusted Gross Income is greater than $124,500, then some of your deductions will be disallowed. But they appear to be investment interest and casualty and theft losses, not charitable contributions. Further, the disallowance is not large.

I did not bother to go through the worksheet with a particular numerical example, but it seems clear Uncle Sammy figures he has punished you enough for being rich.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.