No. of Recommendations: 0
First, good for you in having a fairly aggressive retirement plan at your age!
Second, when you contribute to it, you are "dollar-cost averaging".
For this technique to work well you need a volatile investment, so that you buy some shares at a relatively low price. The Guaranteed Interest is not volatile at all, so the fact that a contribution is made every payday doesn't help you. Not good for this account.
I'd go heavy on the International and the Small cap blend; with lesser amounts in the large and medium cap stocks. With 30 years to go to retirement, 100% equities is right. If you would like bonds also,
put them in an IRA or somewhere other than an account you contribute to every payday.
In my own deferred compensation account I run 40% international--because it is the most volatile choice and because for the last couple years the US market has been stronger than the international market, and these things swing back and forth. That leaves 60% for US equities which can be divided as you have, but with the emphasis on the small caps.
My suggestions, but your money, your choice. Chris
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.