Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
First off, I've never seen DesertDave so upset! I think you hit a sore spot with him here (either that or he forgot to turn off bold).

After reviewing the info you've provided I don't see much you can do. You can't move it seems (at least easily - and a move would cost you much more) but there are a couple of things you through a lawyer could demand. Also ask your lawyer if you have other options.

[Revision] I took out my argument for a lawyer due to the relatively small amounts of money involved.

A lawyer is going to cost you $1,000 so you might just want to write a letter yourself saying you'll pay $100 a month extra till its paid off. They'll want more. Negotiate up to something you can afford. No sense throwing money to a lawyer when you owe them the money anyway according to your contract.

Make sure they know its about affording it not because you're pissed. Better that you pay them something than have you bail on them.

Simon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.