Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
of the season.
More leaves than weeds!

Course, there are more trees holding on to 75% or more of the leaves than ones that
look empty.

Howie52
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Come show me your mowing prowess on my lawn Howie. :)

I’ll make you a fine cup of tea, as instructed by you.

I’m hoping to cut the grass this week. I had it seeded and aerated last month and with all the rain it’s getting bushy out there. I’m going to cut it high so as to not tear out the young un’s. The hard part is starting the mower when it’s cooler out and I so appreciate a man’s upper body strength compared to my own.

Lucky Dog

Ps...Free acorns, come pick up!
No. of Recommendations: 0
" The hard part is starting the mower when it’s cooler out and I so appreciate a man’s upper body strength compared to my own.

Lucky Dog

Ps...Free acorns, come pick up! "

Clean the air filter before you try to start the engine. Replacing the spark plug likely
should not be needed yet. The air filter tends to plug easily and blocks the air from
engine.

Howie52
Mowers should start easily with one or two pulls if the mower is one or two years old.
Adding a bottle of Sta-Bil to the fuel tank and any gas container you have unused gas in
over the winter will help for next spring.

If North Carolina was not directly in the way I might take up the offer. Squirrels have
run off with our pecans here.
No. of Recommendations: 3
If North Carolina was not directly in the way I might take up the offer. Squirrels have
run off with our pecans here.

I got leaves up for the second time this year earlier today and noticed that my NC yard is absolutely full of acorns. I have a number of large oaks at at times it sounds like rain falling in the front yard as the acorns come down.
No. of Recommendations: 2
The acorns are huge this year.

I mowed my grass yesterday and blew off all the acorns off my long driveway. Tons of acorns are in the flowerbeds though, and that is back breaking work. I wish the dang squirrels would hurry up. I did read that birds eat them too(that’s a tough nut to crack) and chipmunks.

Yard looks pretty now but I cut it awfully high. It was still wet underneath and it rained overnight. I didn’t clean off the mower the last time I cut the grass and it was wet then too....so I had to do a little digging underneath of it. Ack! Grass cakes for sale!