Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Gosh! Looks like I'm the first to post on the KWK board. I don't know if I've ever been first at anything.

Anyway, bought Quicksilver today in the hopes that it was about to breakout though with this market not many have been posting new highs and going on to do anything, but fall. I also hoped with the interest rate dropping, that would help but it didn't. Still, it's a great company according to everything Investors Business Daily says (A+). Its daily volume is pretty low which will probably keep any mutual funds away for the time being.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

So long.
Print the post Back To Top
Thank you EEdiot!!!

I'm thinking of buyiny KWK too, in fact that's how I ended up in here and named myself "Foolzville" because I want to make sure that I'm choosing the right stock which we all know is hard to do, especially for fools like us!!!

Bye now,

ME
Hey Foolsville,

Thanks for responding. Well I watch KWK each day and it has at least stayed within 10% of its high. I don't know that it will break out until the market turns, but it certainly seems strong enough now--I mean the market stinks and it's staying right up there. I had hoped, like I said, when the interest rate dropped etc. KWK also seems to follow a pretty predictable pattern and I would say it'll be up at least a little tomorrow (3/30). But, of course, you never really know.

Good Luck,
Eediot
Greetings eediot!!! :-)

Well, I never did invest in KWK because things started to go Kaflooey so I decided to invest in Fannie Mae. Thanks for writing back...you EEdiot!!!
What did you invest in?

Your friend,

Foolzville (Mary)
Hey Foolzville,

I bought 135 KWK last week. I wished I'd got it around 11 or so, but no, I bought near its high--13.30 to be exact. I'm going to stay with it though, it seems strong despite the little ups and downs. Good luck with Fannie Mae. Guess you'll be writing to the other Fannie Maers now.

If you're new to investing you should get a free two weeks of Investors Business Daily. I've learned so much from that paper and, of course, Motley Fool.

Again, best wishes with FM.

--Eediot.

Hi Eediot,

It's me here "Foolzville" well, at this very moment Fannie Mae is down considerably, I think it has something to do with the Feds taking it over along with Freddie Mac too. Well, I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, meanwhile I've decided to go with MDU since my broker company will accept that one. I think it's up....so far....It's difficult to go long term, but I think it's the only way.

Thanks for writing back, how are you doing today?

Sincerely,

Mary "Foolzville" (Allan Greenspan is on CNBC as I write)wonder how that will turn out? hmmmmm.....
Hey Foolzville,

I'm doing good today. What did Alan G. have to say? Seems as if any, any, anything brings the market down these days. Sorry to hear about FNM. Did you ever read Beating the Street? He (Peter Lynch?) has a picture of the Fannie Mae company on his desk because the company made him a considerable amount of money over the years. Don't give up yet.

Later-

Eediot