No. of Recommendations: 0
Hey all!

Some of us on one of my other boards got to talking, and I figured I'd better get the ball rolling on this.

We were thinking about putting together a get-together of Fools in the Philadelphia area. At this point I'm open to ideas for when and where. Sometime around March 2 or 3 might work well and give us enough time to get something together.

I will be posting links to this message on several other boards. If you know anyone who might be interested (or any boards where there might be a higl level of interest) please point them to this message.

Thanks (and looking forward to it!
-Terry
Print the post Back To Top
Well, you know that I'm interested. I like the Pizzaria Uno's suggestion, but that might be hard for suburbanites to get to. What about that cafe near the boat houses?
I would go to Pizzaria Uno.

Other suggestions?

Catleen
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi!

I was just wondering if we've decided on a time and place for the Philly Festival of Fools.

I just joined and would really welcome the opportunity to meet some fellow fools!!
I am new also and think this is a very good idea. I live in the Center City area, but any place is fine with me. It would probably help if we had an idea of how many people would be attending. How many people are even in this group?

-Steve
Jim's steaks anyone?!
<<Jim's steaks anyone?! >>

Mmmmmmmm....I'm almost tempted to hit the road and return to my home town to join you all.

By the way, Tom and David Gardner will be at the WHYY studio in Philadelphia on Sunday March 4 while the Fool PBS pledge drive special is airing. Hope you can watch (and of course call in to support your local PBS affiliate :) ).

Regards,

Bill Barker
<<Tom and David Gardner will be at the WHYY studio in Philadelphia on Sunday March 4 while the Fool PBS pledge drive special is airing.>>

Hey! If we held our Philly Festival of Fools that day, would Tom and David (and of course you Bill) be able to join us after the pledge drive?
Hi,
I live in Philadelphia and am interested in more info on Fools Get Together. Is this an investment Club?
Stan
<<Tom and David Gardner will be at the WHYY studio in Philadelphia on Sunday March 4 while the Fool PBS pledge drive special is airing.>>

I live in Philadelphia and anyplace would be ok with me. I am interested in joining and would appreciate any info. Please get back to me with a time and place.
Thank you,Stan
That's great...I am looking forward to the show, but had no idea they'd be in Phila on that day! How exciting. Would that make me a Fool groupie?

And in an unrelated matter...how did you come up with the name TMFMax if your name is Bill? (is it a middle name...or was it just that TMFBill was taken)?

Probably more of a social club.

I think it would be great to do it this Sunday when Tom and David Gardner are in town. Maybe we could twist their arms into stopping by?....
Well, count me in. Would love to meet the Pennsylvania fools.

Catleen
Well, count me in. Would love to meet the Pennsylvania fools.

Ahem. There is more to Pennsylvania than Philadelphia <smile>. Would be interesting to know the distribution of fools throughout the state. Personally, I vote for Pittsburgh <smile>

Hi Guys

What time are we all meeting at TGIFriday's on Saturday?
Does 5:00 work for everyone?

-Terry (I'll be the one in the Fool ballcap)
5PM is great if we are meeting on Saturday. If we are meeting on Friday however you might want to push it back an hour as people get off work at 5.

Giftedhands
I was under the impression that we were meeting on March 10 (Saturday) at 5 pm. Is that correct? If so, then it works out fine for me.

Catleen
That is correct... Saturday March 10, 5 PM, TGI Friday's on City Ave. Anyone need directions?
-Terry
Saturday at 5pm is good for me. Can't wait to meet all of you!!

(Does anyone want to post a notice about this on the NJ or DE boards?)
**Seeking fellow female fools for Philly folly**
Looking for a Philly-based investment club?
We are, too! Join us in building a nest egg...
with an eye on the long-term...in a team
environment with other committed
members...willing to stick it through
and enjoy some good times, too....
Please contact jenruocco@yahoo.com
if interested...