No. of Recommendations: 0
First things first. Marijuana has barely been studied scientifically and there is plenty of indication that we don't understand it's effects well at all. You mention THC grading, for example, but there is indication that this metric alone tells us very little about the impact of using it.

First, downscale marijuana from schedule 1 narcotic so it can be studied and understood more thoroughly. Personally, I don't think many of the drugs that are considered level 1 narcotics should be on that list. Schedule 1 prevents us (or severely limits us) from learning about the drug. I don't think the danger justifies the enforced ignorance that comes with schedule 1 classification.

Once the highly varied chemical cocktail that comprises marijuana is actually studied and better understood, I am confident that medication could be developed to better control dose and impact . . . probably several different medications to address different aspects of what marijuana currently provides the vast array of patients who find it valuable.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.