No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Folks,

It has been a long time since I posted here, but I'm back for some more of your good advice. :-) I clean houses at the beach in the summer time, after one group has rented them, and before the next group comes in. This is referred to as a "turn-over" cleaning. The window to do it in is very small (11:00-2:00 on Saturday).

I decided to hire someone to help me, as I have been turning down work for a while, and hated to lose the chance to make money.

This will be the first time I have been someone's boss, the first time I have paid someone for work they do under my direction. Because our time to work is so small, I am primarily concerned with getting the person to work fast. The more houses we clean in that time, the more money I/we make. I am not worried that they'll not know how to clean...I just want her/them to understand that time is absolutely of the essence.

I am also concerned with countless other things... Does anyone have any suggestions on sites to visit, or any experience from their own lives? I am particularly interested in advice for first-time bosses.

Thanks very much, I look forward to hearing what other posters have to say!

-Molly
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.