No. of Recommendations: 23
Hey folks, nothing too exciting going on over here. Just wanted to come in and report some small progress. Thanks for reading / commenting.

Last update: http://boards.fool.com/repayment-choice-question-progress-up...

Here are the numbers from the last update [July 2010]

ING E-Fund $ 3550.60

Debt Balance APR Min
---------------------------------------
Discover $10288.45 10.24% $165
BofA-CC $ 3582.62 9.99% $59.00
CU-CC $15115.40 6.24% $400
CU-Auto $13490.62 5.99% $449
Student Loan $ 2690.17 2.75% $195.45
RoomsToGo $ 1301.31 0% $30
Citi $ 7210.00 0% $69
Totals $53678.57 ?.?? $1367.45

And here are my new numbers, as of today:

ING E-Fund $ 2317.00

Debt Balance APR Min
Discover $ 3283.99 10.24% $140.00
BofA-CC $ 3342.21 9.99% $ 58.00
CU-CC $14308.21 6.24% $355.00
CU-Auto $11952.59 3.25% $449.00
Student Loan $ 1356.29 2.75% $195.45
RoomsToGo $ 950.00 0% $ 50.00
Citi $ 6490.00 0% $ 85.00
Totals $41683.29 ?.?? $1332.45

Some notes:

-E-Fund took a small hit to pay for DF's air conditioner repair back in September. She repaid the loan, but I chose to send her repayment to Discover instead of back in to the e-fund [or spending it on crap I don't need]

-Only SEVEN payments left on my 10 year student loan. Wow. This will also free up another ~200 to send to other higher interest debt. Momentum.

-I have been tracking all my accounts, debts + assets, on mint.com and including the blue book value of my vehicle, savings and retirement accounts, I am amazed to share with you that my "net worth" is quickly approaching the black! Just 2 years ago, I was hovering around $50 thousand in the red. Today, I am looking at ($6,634) - this is a big motivator for me to stay the course. Once I cross in to the black, each payment I send off is increasing my wealth. I can't say I know what it's like to have a positive net worth. This will be a first for me. Gotta love graduating with a chunk of debt.

-We have been pretty good about sticking to the budget. No slip ups, though we did pay cash for a mini getaway to the mountains [~3.5 hrs from here] back in October. We got creative for xmas gifts this year and spent almost nothing. Literally under $100 total. We spent more on groceries during our breaks. Our families understand and have been very supportive.

-DF continues to be amazing with her support in tackling this debt. We've also discussed foregoing a home purchase even beyond the repayment terms here. We will plan to fund a wedding and honeymoon [frugal style] and revisit the house plans/options in a couple of years. Besides, we are quite comfortable in our spacious apartment and are practically stealing it at what we pay each month. I know some of you will take issue with the idea of renting being any kind of deal, but it's working for us now.

Thanks for taking the time to read any or all of this. Cheers.
Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

UGC Disclosure Notice Regarding Credit Card Posts
Community board discussions about credit cards are not provided or commissioned by banks who may have advertising relationships with The Motley Fool. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.