Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently have checking, savings, and credit card accounts with FirstIB and have had nothing but positive experiences. But I've heard so many good things about State Farm, that I've decided to give them a try. Anyone out there who has used both FirstIB and State Farm who has a preference?

Although I know that FirstIB is making money and is a solid institution, I still worry about it being around for the long haul. It seems strange to me for a privately held company such as FirstIB to post their financials on the web. Why do this unless looking for a buyer? Also their recent switch to CheckFree, the industry standard in billpay, makes me wonder whether they would like to use the industry standard to make any mergers go more smoothly.

Those FirstIB worries got me thinking about State Farm, which is a company that I don't believe is going anywhere. Of course, they could always sell off their online banking portion...oh, brother!

Comments?

Thanks,
Jeff
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.