No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear fools,

I am a foreigner investor, from Europe. I started using Firstrade as my online broker for US stocks a few years back because at that time a friend of mine told me that they had good prices and they accepted overseas clients. And actually, I am quite happy with them so far.

However, I am wondering why this broker is not part of the list of brokers that MF usually quotes in their posts or recommends or have links to for following our stock purchases.

Do you know if Firstrade is a reliable broker? Should I be worried about staying with them? Should I change my brokerage firm to another of the ones that I see usually mentioned here like Interactive Brokers, Ameritrade, etc.?

Lastly, after a few years of investing, I am starting to accumulate a reasonable amount of money on stocks (close to 100K) in my Firstrade account and I would like to know if it is wise to keep all the investments in the same broker account or if it is better to have two different accounts with different brokers.

Thank you all in advance!

Kind regards,
JoseR
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.