Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
fleg9bo writes (in part):

Then all I've got to do is haul my old computer and monitor out of the closet where I've got 2003 TT installed along with my 2003 returns.

I reply:

It's probably not that hard to do it by hand. I faced this issue a couple of years ago, as I was just entering AMT land. Once I understood the theory, calculating the portion of my state taxes that yielded a federal income tax benefit (which, in turn, was the portion of my refund that was taxable) just required a little algebra. Here's the post where I do the math in my case: . --Bob
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.