Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061024/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_nbc_bears_giants

NEW YORK - The Chicago Bears' game against the New York Giants at the Meadowlands on Nov. 12 was switched Tuesday by the NFL from an afternoon to a night game, the first under the flexible scheduling format implemented in the new television contract.

I like this idea. In the past, some real stinky games seemed to end up on TV near the end of the season. It also kept us from seeing some surprise teams that played well but didn't get on the scheduling radar in the middle of the summer. This should give us some great games to watch going down the stretch.

--WP
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 10
I like this idea. In the past, some real stinky games seemed to end up on TV near the end of the season. It also kept us from seeing some surprise teams that played well but didn't get on the scheduling radar in the middle of the summer. This should give us some great games to watch going down the stretch.

--WP

=====================

In related news, the week 13 - 17 games of the Raiders and Cardinals will be replaced by reruns of "What's Happening?"

Diane
In related news, the week 13 - 17 games of the Raiders and Cardinals will be replaced by reruns of "What's Happening?"

The Jets are scheduled to host Oakland in week 17. NBC is planning to air "Heidi" in its entirety in place of this game.

--WP
No. of Recommendations: 1

The Jets are scheduled to host Oakland in week 17. NBC is planning to air "Heidi" in its entirety in place of this game.

--WP

=======================

Are you sure they won't cut into the last 15 minutes of "Heidi" to show the Overtime portion of the Jets game?

Diane

Hey, now there's something I'd watch!
NEW YORK - The Chicago Bears' game against the New York Giants at the Meadowlands on Nov. 12 was switched Tuesday by the NFL from an afternoon to a night game, the first under the flexible scheduling format implemented in the new television contract.

I'm glad they did this because I was thinking they might move the Nov. 26 Bears/Patriots game to SNF. I don't want that to happen because I'm going to that game and I like 1PM games much better. Getting home at 2AM Monday morning is no fun.

I doubt they'll move two Bears games to night games 2 weeks apart. At least I hope they won't.
No. of Recommendations: 2
reruns of "What's Happening?"

Rerun? What's Happening? Hey, hey, hey, I Shirley get it, Roger that.
In general, I like this idea. Though when it inconveniences me, they've taken it a step too far. Don't they know that I have tickets to that game, and that I have to be in the office by 6:30 AM the next morning--next time, I hope the TV and NFL execs consult me before making this decisions.
Below is a snipit from a Cincinnati Enquirer article. I couldn't find the NYT report it references:

The New York Times reported last week that the seven Sundays subject to the flexible-scheduling plan already had games selected for prime time.

The four games that initially were selected for prime-time kickoffs and will stay in that time slot are the Bears-Giants on Nov. 12, Eagles-Colts on Nov. 26, Seahawks-Broncos on Dec. 3, and Steelers-Bengals on Dec. 31.

Three of the prime-time choices are likely to be changed, according to the Times. They are Redskins-Buccaneers in Week 11, Patriots-Dolphins in Week 14 and Chiefs-Chargers in Week 15.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061022/COL04/610220429/1082/SPT0102
No. of Recommendations: 2

This is in response to viewer letters and phone calls demanding it.