Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Are you ready? Prepared?
Every storm is different, this one I expect to lose power, short or long is never known. I also expect a lot of rain. It's been raining all week so the ground is soggy.

Besides having bills paid ahead of time, cash in the drawer, one credit card prepaid. I have sufficient lamp oil, candles and water. The car has gas, I don't intend to use it, but the tall rubber boots might be handy. (rubber raft moved down stairs, but not inflated)
I don't expect a Sandy storm, but my crystal ball has been on the fritz.

I expect something like this every year. But that does not mean it will be the same as last year. Normal readiness is in place.
jC
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Depends on your location. If you're in Morehead City or New Bern and in a neighborhood near sea level, there may be no amount of preparation that's going to help you. I lived in Morehead City in 1999 when Floyd rolled through, we did OK but it was not an enjoyable experience.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Crossposted from the climate-change board:

Hurricane Florence -- The Weather Channel is caught once again making things up. -- The Gateway Pundit:

"Reporter" Mike Seidel was broadcasting live from Wilmington, NC... bravely battling the wind gusts as he proclaims, "This is about as nasty as it’s been..." [when] Two guys start strolling by in the background, casually walking along as if there’s nothing more than a slight breeze.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/whoops-weather-chan...

From the comments:
---
The Weather Channel - riding the Global Warming Wave...
---
I quit watching them years ago because they clearly have an agenda.
---
Look closely, the wind is at his back! Certainly would have been more convincing if he was leaning into the wind...
---
Not only are they liars, they're STUPID liars.

-----------------
Seems to be "Fear Mongering" is everywhere these day. (your experience may vary)
No. of Recommendations: 1
We were more or less prepared to leave or stay home in Charleston County SC. We don't have a generator so I decided to bug out and visit friends in KY. I brought some of our freezer & fridge food with us to avoid possibility of spoiling at home.

We've been here since Wednesday evening and are leaving tomorrow morning, but skirting the Appalachians this time due to the possibility of flash floods/closed roads--heading for home via North Georgia and taking 2 days instead of 1. (I'm the only driver and my back isn't happy when I drive over 6-7 hours at a pop.)