No. of Recommendations: 1
Following advancements in autopilot is certainly an interesting topic, and it could end up applying very directly to a stock that many here on the board have been paying close attention to in NVidia.

I will be interested to see whether Tesla says anything next Wednesday evening (1/30/2019) about any plans to try to license this alleged improved hardware to any other manufacturers.

For much of Tesla's history, people have touted that "Tesla isn't just a car company". With the tax credit having halved as of January 1st for buyers of Tesla vehicles (S, X, and 3) from $7,500 to $3,750 and with a further halving to $1,875 on deck for July 1st, the demand for Tesla vehicles in the U.S. seems to be a key metric. I have seen reports that approximately 15,000 to 16,000 orders have been placed in Europe so far for Model 3's. That represents less than 4 months of Fremont's production capability.

Will Tesla have sufficient internally generated cash flows to fund the Model Y, Roadster, and Semi development without getting a fresh infusion of new outside capital? That seems to me to be the key question in regards to Tesla as an investment. The year-over-year revenue gain from Q3 2017 to Q3 2018 was an outstanding number, but what will drive further revenue growth?

-TSLAQPodcast
Disclosure: short TSLA
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.