Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Because I'm not very bright and a glutton for punishment, I've once again set up a Foolish Survivor Game on Yahoo. It's open to anyone reading this post. As usual, no fees, no prizes, no obligation (although please try to remember to post your entry each week, it only takes a few seconds)

Password is "FoolSurvivor2019" without the quotes.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/j...

For those not familiar with survivor pools, the rules are simple. Each week, pick one team to win. If you're right, you stay alive. If you're wrong, you get a strike. Get two strikes and you're eliminated. Last player standing is the winner. The catch? You can only pick each team once, so you must choose wisely.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I forgot to mention, the game starts September 5, the first day of the regular season.
You've got a month to get signed up.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I may need a new strategy this season. For many years, I did quite well just picking whoever was playing the Browns.
That has certainly been a good strategy, just a little scary this year. So many teams have potential, I'm pretty scared the first few weeks.

Not making a pick yet till I do some reading....maybe start with whoever is playing CIN...?

Simon
You don't have to be bright. You just have to be lucky.

PSU
No. of Recommendations: 5
You don't have to be bright. You just have to be lucky.

So you're saying there's a chance...
We've got 6 players signed up, I would like a few more. Still ~2 weeks to sign up.
We're up to 7 players, I would like 20-30 more :)
(C'mon, sign up. It's fun and easy.)

You've got a little over a week to get signed up and/or get your week #1 pick made.

L.A. Chargers week #1 stock is up significantly, I can't explain why.
I'm thinking of picking anyone who plays Miami this season...

Simon
Happy to see we've got 9 players signed up (and you've all made your week #1 picks)!

There are still a couple days left to get signed up to win everlasting bragging rights here on 77FHOP.
I must be doing something wrong. I can't join.

What is group ID number?

PSU
It's 5702. Here's the link again, I just now copied it from the Yahoo site.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/register/j...

If you're still having problems, PM me your e-mail and I can send you a private invitation.
It's still not working for me. Are you sure it's not now closed?
Looking into it. I just sent you a private invitation. If all else fails, maybe create a yahoo e-mail account? I don't believe entries are closed, if I click the link I get the invitation screen...

I'll keep looking.
To everyone playing who is not PSU, I may have inadvertently sent you an email asking you to join last years's game (yeah, I don't really know what I'm doing).

If you get one, please disregard it, you're all set for this year's game. No action is required on your part.
Yes, I was sent the 2018 invite. I did send you my Yahoo email account by PM. You did respond to it. Still can't access the group.
Sorry, I invited your other e-mail account, not the Yahoo one. Did I mention I don't know what I'm doing? I just sent an invite to the Yahoo account. You may want to try one (or two) more times.

I see nothing on the game site that indicates membership is closed. If I recall, picks stay open until 1 pm Sunday (even if there is an earlier game like tonight's). Even then, if you missed the entire week, you were simply given a strike. I can't explain the problem.
I tried your link on Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge. Nothing would let me in. Then I tried my iPhone and was successful. I have no idea why I am having trouble on a computer since I tried two different ones.
No. of Recommendations: 3
It's Stan Kroenke's fault
I think you invited everyone from last year to join this year's version. I.E. you didn't need to create a new contest this year, you just needed to invite everyone again. When I looked at it, I noticed I now belong to two of them (not a bad thing) but then I could also (with one click) invite everyone back to the one I created too.

I'm going to continue with both just to see if I can do well.

Simon
I think you invited everyone from last year to join this year's version. I.E. you didn't need to create a new contest this year, you just needed to invite everyone again

Yes, I have the option of perpetuating the same game year-after-year. I choose not to since the player turnover here is high and e-mail addresses are transient.

The invitation was an unfortunate click of the mouse while trying to help PSU get signed up. You're free to respond, of course, but I encourage everyone to focus on the new game and ignore the resurrected 2018 game (and corresponding invitation).

Sincerely,
The Commish