Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Helllllooooo Louisiana Fools!!

I see FiLA is pickin' up the pace. Hi, my name is Jess and I'm normally a regular poster to FiWI, (although I have neglected the board something terrible during this tour), and I am currently on a tour of the MF's Folly in 50 States. The tour has been summed up pretty well in a fribble by the ever lovable Hunzi: http://www.fool.com/Fribble/1999/Fribble990707.htm

I must say that Louisiana is one of the states on my short list of places to visit. Not just for the experience of Mardi Gras, but for the whole deal; besides, anyplace that has food that can make me break out in a sweat in the middle of a Wisconsin winter has got to be looked into. I almost ended up living in LA a few years back. I had an opportunity to try for a position at Petroleum Helicopters, Inc (PHEL), but I blew it. Now that is one of my few regrets that I hold. Ahh well, maybe next time.

I have noticed that nearly half of the postings to this board have occured in this month alone, with the main posters being Halbrook, RISKER, and shoffpau. At this rate folks you just may reach the top of the board heap someday (heh, heh). I love the topic about Louisiana stocks, one of the things that we do over in FiWI is that we are teaching ourselves how to look at stocks by evaluating WI companies. I looked up a list of publicly held companies based in LA, on MSN Investor (premium services soon to be free), and found 46 different companies listed (most of which have already been listed in posts #37 and 38 by shoffpau). If you all want the list let me know and I'll compile it and post it later.

Hmmm, I suppose I should let the other Foolish tourists out of the WInnabago so that they can say howdy themselves. If anyone here would like to join in on the tour you are more than welcome to do so, our next stop will be in Maine (FiME).

Until next time

Just (is my face red) Jess
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.