Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
We're so happy you're ready to open an account with the new X-Treme Visa! We'll begin taking applications early next week, so just hold your horses. In the meantime, let us know why you're so totally stoked byt his new bitchin' credit card, dude!

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
April fool joke once again found!

Ohyes really does have a birthday on April fool's day! But i'm not fooling either I'm afraid to walk at my desk at work to see the decorations my coworkers put up!

wo wo wo, can't wait to get the X-Treme, it sounds so sweeeet. it'd be awesome to go back to school and "bling bling" my sparkle card in front of the girls. man forget those guys with brand new nikes and phatfarms, they got nothing on my X-Treme. oh yeah, the girls gonna dig this, i'll be the man, everybody is gonna kiss up to me now that i got the bling bling. oooooooh yeah.

it's only little over 5 grand, i'm sure i can pay that off mowing grass and working at mcdonalds on the weekend. no sweat. plus it'll be worth it with all those ass i'll pull, who cares if i have to paid my whole life with the minimum payment, it'll be sweet. ;)
It never ceases to amaze me how you guys at the Fool can spot seemingly obvious market niches that other companies miss. I think this is a great product for teens, but I was wondering if you could bring out another card for tots. You may remember being a kid and constantly being at the mercy of your parents for the latest cool toy, which they would almost never buy. If the under 10 crowd had their own plastic they could get their own stuff - no doubt Toys R Us and the billion dollar toy industry would be happy for it. And now that McDonald's takes plastic - just think, kids can buy their own Happy Meals. While it's true that little kids usually don't work (unless they live in China and make Happy Meal toys) they do have huge future potential earnings - so just charge them a higher interest rate and wait until they're like 20 or so before they pay it back. Great eh? Hope you will consider this neglected market.

--Otto
Happy Birthday ! Ohyes
Well, it's about time there were some sparkles on my credit card! That way, when I go into debt to buy bling, everyone will know I'm using the right card. After all, if it can't be seen from at least a block away, I'm underdressed.

Besides, I'm tired of having those little holographic stickers falling off when my card is swiped.

~~ Alison
No. of Recommendations: 2
We're so happy you're ready to open an account with the new X-Treme Visa! We'll begin taking applications early next week, so just hold your horses. In the meantime, let us know why you're so totally stoked byt his new bitchin' credit card, dude!

heheheheh

he said bitchin.

CALL THE FCC!!!
heheheheh

he said ********.

CALL THE FCC!!!

Both of you should recieve visits shortly.

TMFFCCTester!
Imagine my surprise and dismay when I found out about this new card. All these years teaching my 2 delightful, reponsible daughters to work and save with reckless abandon. The new (and ,I suppose, improved) X-Treme Visa is the answer. I can't wait for them to pay their taxes with it, (does it come in any other flavor, say, Master Card, Amex, Discover, Carte Blanc or my fave, Diner's Club).

The credit limit is a little low for them to be able to purchase the new homes and automobiles they deserve. After all they will be out of High School soon.

Thanks for making life soooooo cool. Wishing you all the bling- bling you can eat. (It is a food-like item isn't it? My kids say all their friends are consumed by it. Or maybe that was the blob.)

Here's to financial gluttony everywhere.

buckhill
In the meantime, let us know why you're so totally stoked byt his new bitchin' credit card, dude!

<snort>
Every credit card company in the nation is salivating over this article and praying that TMF has not yet patented this idea.
think it is a great idea as long as the interest rate on the card doesn't go to up to 24% and it says at around 9%-12% it would be greaat for them and the 5555 i think will catch their eye to
Two words: Nice.

S.P.A.M stands for surprise. package. animal. meat. just like canned beef or chicken or tuna tryit you will like it
You guy's are KILLIN me....happy "Fools" Day to you too!!
April Fool Fools
EJ1 said :
Happy Birthday ! Ohyes

Thank you EJ1 its been a tough day. Anyway my coworkers decorated my desk with streamers and even bought a large bag of m&m's and to make told me to make lots of $'s!

Ohyes is going to bed as i'm feeling yucky and I'm waiting to see the doctor tommorow.

Real happy because my son wants and needs a card to build that oh-so-important credit......the debit card just does not cut it.
Thanks for the smart thinking....

I just love a good April Fools joke! I know the credit card companies would LOVE for me to help them to turn my kids into credit junkies, but I have other plans for them. And yes, $66.00 per week is more than enough. If it's not, then I suggest to all the kids out there, "get a job!"
Wait a second. I think there is discrimination afoot here! I'm in the over sixty crowd and I can't get a credit card to do all the things I got to do! I want to charge til I drop. I'll buy a life insurance policy, which I'll charge on the card for the premiums, to pay everything off. I think you should do a seniors only card that never has to be paid off until you croak. Then let the life insurance handle it. I'll even name Motely Fool as a 10% beneficiary if you'll adopt this marketplace.

Be the first to enthrall seniors with an all you can charge deal to be paid off through an insurance policy!

FBM
4/1/2004
Have you completely lost your mind??????????
Honestly, I think this is sick and wrong. And pitching them in high school cafeterias and movie theatres is like you are just slipping debt into kids pockets without them even realizing it or understanding the responsiblity of it. Those who havent even reached the age of majority dont deserve to be scammed like this- word
Why do the kids get all the good deals? I resent the age discrimination, just because I'm over 50. I want sparkles on my new X-Treme Visa, dude.
APRIL FOOL!!!
In answer to the Buffet donuts xtreme visa, and the rest listed 4/1/04.

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY TO YOU TOO.
As opposed to all that plant meat out there?
Fello Fools,

About Fool Credit Cards for the "under 21" population ...
Unless this is an April Fool joke (where there is life there is hope) I'll be highly disappointed to know that the Fool brother's are part and party to pushing CC's to youngin's of america ... Especially college bound youngin's who have enough trouble getting through school without having to deal with CC debt. Is Motely Fool, Inc. in financial trouble or is it just plain old greed at work here. Ay oh, there must be a better way to make a buck! Don't put your peddle to the metal plz!!

; ( Mother Theresa
I am appalled that you are enabling the teen market to go into debt. Reality shows that teens often want to make unwise purchases based on emotions and peer pressure. Now you want to make it possible for them to satisfy those immature desires and end up in big time debt.

You say the average college student only has $3000 in credit card debt and go on to talk like it should be higher. I thought Fools were fiscally responsible and the goal was to shed all debt- not encourage it. This plan will dangle the carrot in front of young people least knowledgeable about the pitfalls of debt. At the same time, it encourages them to satisfy every little desire they have. All while making Mom and/or Dad the "Daddy Warbucks."

As for paying for books and tuition, there are loans and scholarships and for heaven sakes, they can get a job and work!

Tell me this isn't so. My opinion of Fooldom has just taken a dive. I can only believe you are doing this to get in on this incredible untapped market and reap the profits accorded to all credit card issuers. Your logic about poor little kids that can't buy what they want doesn't float with me at all.
Hey Yo Dude, wave the the fork finger action and backwards cap act somewhere else. The only reason ( other then building credit history ) for a credit card is to make major $200+ purchases at the end of the billing cycle so you dont have to pay for a whole two months. Getting Teenagers into debt over their heads with your sparkle cards is your real target, admit it you fool.
Yeah......dude!!!!
I personally think you are opening a Pandora's box! You are making this so very easy, very enticing,and anticipating responsible accountability in young inexperienced investors. And, who will pick up the tab when many are maxxed out and have inadequate resources to cover such huge debt? At 16 to 18 yrs. old, $5000 is a significant debt. Seems a foolish plan for teaching budgeting and responsible spending.
I believe your new idea is completely absurd. It has already been proven that most adults can not properly handle their credit cards, so what make you think that teens can? I have 2 teens, one 15 and one 19. The 15 yr old has NO BUSINESS having a credit card. The 19 yr is now in college and yes has a credit card with a $500 limit for which I co-signed his senior year in high school. The problem is that parents are not teaching their children how to properly use the financial tools to them. Once again, maybe it is because they don't know how to use the tools themselves.

By the way, if my 15 yr old gets a credit card and "promises, promises, promises" to pay the bill when it comes, but as teens do forget or just don't do it, who is responsible? (Are you accepting the my parental responsibilities for me and covering the bill? - Thank-you) Most teens today have no responsibilities and are completely obivious on how to manage money. Don't you know where money come from? Yes, it grows on trees. (From Mom and Dad)

Just my opinion.
Happy April Fool's Day.

We agree.

Tom Gardner, The Motley Fool
To paraphrase Louis, I am shocked, SHOCKED, to find out that Motley Fool celebrates April Fool's day!

Shocked, I tell you...