Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Foolgirlhere's initial post stated, somewhat irritably, that I was wrong, Catherine, though without explaining herself. I didn't regard her answer as a justification for rudeness. It appears that you share her attitude.

What attitude I share is annoyance at some people's predilection for always making others wrong. It's like a hobby with you, sheila. For cryin' out loud, can't you stifle yourself?! Here's a perfect example.

I have a curiosity about the Budwig Protocol. This alternative cancer treatment has raving fans all over the Internet. Indeed, based as it is on the need for essential fatty acids, which has, in fact, been born out by Official Medicine, the so-called Budwig Protocol makes for a compelling story both from a health POV and a conspiracy--for lack of a better word--POV. Yet look how quickly this conversation deteriorated.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=21671744&sort=whole#21680670

sheila, you apparently have a science background. That doesn't make you the only one qualified to hold an opinion, even if others' opinions aren't as fully informed as yours. We aren't (or at least I'm not) required to defer to your POV, especially here on the Alt Board where there is very little in the way of scientific scrutiny to bolster most treatments. That's precisely why they're called "alternative." If you're going to require double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical studies for everything discussed, we may as well not even begin a thread. Some things are simply not known...yet. I have no problem with this as a starting point. Do you?

On the Official Medicine Cancer Treatment and Prevention Board, I expect heated opposition to my POV, but on an alt board, it's the nature of the beast to just throw an idea out there, warts and all, and see what happens.

Maybe you could count to ten before you begin correcting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.