No. of Recommendations: 0
I hope this isn't one of those questions that has been answered over and over, but my lack of time and not always having a computer handy doesn't allow me to fully explore the message boards. If I choose to contribute to a self directed Roth and make it Foolish, will it be possible to sell and purchase stock every year when the foolish four changes without additional tax penalties? Are there discount brokers that allow this? The few that I've investigated have found it to be a problem when I mention selling stock in a Roth. I'm a new fool with a small foolish portfolio, but would like to take advantage of of any Roth benefits. I may not even be asking the right questions.
Thanks for any help!
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.