Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I refer you to Shakespeare's "As You Like It" Act 2, Scene 7. http://tech-two.mit.edu/Shakespeare/asyoulikeit/asyoulikeit.2.7.html
Print the post Back To Top
Springtex...

I also took a few for the team.

2 of my posts were pulled. I guess "Mackerel" is considerred an ungodly word by some. Fish is not offensive in my opinion.

On a different note, since this IS an investment website also, which company manufactures Prozac? I am curious because I think it might make a great investment, with tech stocks being shaky and everything.

I am beginning to see the huge demand for products like this. If you know which company makes PROZAC, please tell me, as i would like to peek at the message board.

USE THE FORCE!!!! JEDIKNIGHT
Prozac is a product of Eli Lilly. (TICKER: LLY CURRENT PRICE: $81.40 52 WEEK HIGH: $109.00 52 WEEK LOW: 66.62) It looks like a good long term buy especially based on this ten-year chart:

http://quote.fool.com/chart/chart.asp?time=13&uf=1024&compidx=aaaaa%7E0&comptick=&freq=1mo&maval=0&type=128&symbols=LLY&currticker=LLY&submit1=Draw+Chart

Here is a link to the board: http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=103277
How are people supposed to enjoy The Cambridge Group board when Big Brother snatches up many of the posts, which IMHO most have nothing wrong with them? I am offended. What happened to the bill of rights?
No. of Recommendations: 0

How are people supposed to enjoy The Cambridge Group board when Big Brother snatches up many of the posts, which
IMHO most have nothing wrong with them? I am offended. What happened to the bill of rights?
------------
What are you talking about? YOU took some of mine. Remember, no "personal attacks", "nasty language", or "copyright violations.

How dare you! I never took anything of anyone's. Ever!
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yep... Eli Lilly is a screaming BUY. Prozac Demand is getting stronger everyday! Wonder how long the patent last?

Hopefully this wont be pulled, as it refers to investments.

USE THE FORCE!!! JEDIKNIGHT
You can talk about any investment you want to. Look at the top of your page - it says "Investment Clubs/Cambridge Group." Also look at the FAQ. It says you can talk about companies if you want. I don't see why a financial post would be pulled here. Anyway, yes, Eli Lilly does look like a buy at the moment. Maybe I should consider adding them to my own portfolio. How are they versus Pfizer?
No. of Recommendations: 1

How dare you! I never took anything of anyone's. Ever!
----------

------------------------------------------------------------
<"By the way, what do you all think of the fact that the government hired
a company from Germany to construct the
WWII memorial but that exact same company built Hitler's headquarters?
LOL" ACE>
--------
What I think is that you are full of ---- Ace.

http://www.wwiimemorial.com

Did you forget to take your medicine again?

/s/ S.T.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted this for you---it confirms what you said. It's gone.

http://news.excite.com/news/ap/010613/12/int-war-memorial-contract
Firm Discusses WWII Memorial Deal

Updated: Wed, Jun 13 12:30 PM EDT

By BURT HERMAN, Associated Press Writer

BERLIN (AP) - A German construction company that used Nazi-era slave labor
said Wednesday that
an American subsidiary hired to build the World War II Memorial in
Washington shouldn't be held------

Holzmann, http://www.philipp-holzmann.de

J.A. Jones, http://www.jajones.com

German industry foundation,
http://www.stiftungsinitiative.de/eindex.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last time I looked these were all gone.
The last one mine, to back you up.

When my first post was pulled you sent me a note on the notice to please come back.

And if you answered any questions I asked it would help.
Like when the above were pulled--- I asked if you were rearranging the board! No response. As the head of this board it is your responsibility to pull posts that break rules. You can lose the priviledge if you don't. And you have to be fair. Whether you like it or not. So, if you aren't pulling my posts and writing sweet notes asking me to stay--Who is?
This is a weird board.
Who else can use your name? That would be a clue.
You have got to be kidding me. I cannot pull posts. Only the Fool itself can do that. I have tried to get certain posts pulled but it didn't work! And none of these were yours. Secondly, it is my understanding that it is not within Motley's software capabilities to "rearrange posts." Third, I am NOT the head of this board. This board belongs to everyone! If you don't like this board why do you stay here? There are several other boards on the Fool. I've had of this. I'm going over the capitalists board.
So, if you aren't pulling my posts and writing sweet notes asking me to stay--Who is? This is a weird board. (B51)

==================================

This sure is a weird board. Now we find out Ace has been writing sweet notes to Beckyjean. ;-)

Ace, you rascal!

bs5 (preparing for the bombardment)
So, if you aren't pulling my posts and writing sweet notes asking me to stay--Who is? This is a weird board. (B51)

I have my own board and I assure you that posts can be pulled by ANYONE.

They simply direct TMF's attention to it and ask that it be pulled. You can do the same! Just don't get too anxious, TMF will NOT pull it if TMF doesn't agree with you.

As for the sweet notes, what kind of person would return kindness with impossible accusations of manipulation?

I understand you are bi-polar. I have no less than two loved ones that are the same. You don't have anything to fear from Ace. He understands that every opinion is valueable- even dissenting ones- as long as they are opinions. I can tell.

Isn't it more reasonable to come to the conclusion that the sweet notes are from a sweet person and the pulled posts are from some other direction entirely?

Now that you know that's more probable, don't you think a virtuous person like yourself should apologize to Ace? Not for being mean, but simply for misunderstanding (something we've all done). I'm sure he's been there, too!

k

Isn't it more reasonable to come to the conclusion that the sweet notes are from a sweet person and the pulled posts are from
some other direction entirely?

------------------------------------
k,
You are right, of course. Only, one of my two pulled posts had a sweet note on it---but it was a note sent "from" this board and any one who has ever received one knows that the name of the author is on it. I spent hours going thru my "deleted" file looking for it. All the ones I found were more recent from my other board and the last one on my "copyright error". They don't tell you who pulled your post.
My brother has a board and one of his posters has had several.
With only a few exceptions, I have felt Ace's contributions have been nothing but excellent. He did write a sweet note asking me to stay the same day my first post was pulled, he explained how to P-box(?) someone
and several other things I was aware of.
That's why I asked if anyone else had access to his computer or name!
I am sorry if he didn't pull the posts--but both posts had reason to be pulled. I overreacted to the article about liberals being racists and the comments that followed. And I always post the whole article
if it's news because the sites change so fast. I misinterpreted the copyright info.
But when I posted the article on the builders, it was to back up Ace!
I was as upset as he and had heard about it on C-Span the day before. The next day his post and mine were pulled
and Ace had a cheery post to some one else about the article just like nothing ever happened! I have no idea what that was about, there was no reason to pull Ace's post! That's why I figured as the board originator
he asked them to pull it.
And what I said about controlling the board is true! The guy on my other board lost 2(?) boards he started because he couldn't control them
and the Fool got tired of post pulling(?),and constant complaints--I guess. All I know is whenever my brother told someone to stop this or that bad behavior, this guy was right behind him saying he didn't want
to lose the board.
-----------------------------------------------------------
As for the sweet notes, what kind of person would return kindness with impossible accusations of manipulation?
--------
The sweet note was written on the day my first post was pulled. Long ago!
He has since learned that to say anything to me will just get him in trouble. Note the poll. Note the fact noone answers my questions.
Note the mocking of my being bi-polar and even my liking backward hats, for goodness sake. By saying nothing, you sure haven't helped. I had hoped that dov? person would stay so we could have some real debate. Not just this "I'm right-FACT". and humiliating anyone who doesn't agree. If I had known these guys were like this, do you really think I would have written my life story on here? I just wanted to make the point that everyone doesn't have a life that gives them "bootstraps" to use to get out of their situation.
Also, I agree with Jedi(?) on world issues, and the right on Vouchers, abortion(except the 1%), tax breaks, I can't remember anymore
right now. But, my point---why can't we talk about these things instead of MY behavior and Prozac?
I suggest you go thru the posts from the beginning and pull every one
that has "personal insults", "vulgar language", or "copyright violations" be honest, k----What would be left?
I like Ace too. My backing him up doesn't help him--he just gets teased about it. I am the only one who responded to his early posts on heredity and several other topics. I figured he was trying to change the subject and throwing out suggestions. I tried. But no one else replied.
Anyway, I'm sorry Ace. I obviously was wrong about those three posts.
Don't worry about it. These guys won't ever change. Just best to deal with them the best you can. Keep on backing me up if you want - I'm learning not to care about my public image. So if anybody wants to call me a crackpot like they do on the PA board, feel free.
Points of clarification...

*Being a "stud" is not an insult, or a teasing term. I wish I was a stud in my single days. I was just to darn flabby. Dang Mig Macs. Anyway, I called on my charm, and am engaged to a wonderful woman. After Dec 2, I will be able to brag about being married over my head.

*I am not referring to anyones behavior here. that is against Fool rules, and my post would be pulled.

I STILL maintain, that behavior alterring drugs will are seeing a bigger demand as every minute goes by. WE all have access to evidence of this. but I will not point out where it is. (lol)

USE THE FORCE!!! JEDIKNIGHT

PS: The Yellow Ribbon Springtex Vigil Continues.

Don't worry about it. These guys won't ever change. Just best to deal with them the best you can. Keep on backing me up if
you want - I'm learning not to care about my public image. So if anybody wants to call me a crackpot like they do on the PA
board, feel free.

-----------------
Ace,
Very gracious. Maybe it's the topic. Politics is a hot topic. Perhaps, that's why so many people don't vote or participate in gov't.

But, my other board is about Darwin vs. Religion. That's a hot topic too. But no one is sarcastic or trashing people for having different beliefs---Oh, once in a while but we apologise and go on. We have a wonderful place for people to express their views. It can be done.
But, here it's all bashing. I'm sorry for my part in it early on.

I hope you can continue to not care when people bash you. I try, but
don't have much luck.