Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
FoolRM,

You will find that some folks run RM rankers for companies they like and, how shall we say, omit MSFT. Obviuosly, including it is not going to help, tho some folks stand up ok under the assault.

Personally, there's a middle ground. I include them where they are a major player: OS, apps, and now embedded and wireless apps which seem to be a major new front for them (IMO smartly). I dont always include them against yahoo as their online ventures seem to lag in corp interest of late - rumor had them either tracked or spun off last year but it didnt go. Perhaps they avoid the area to avoid nicking off AOL any more while the DOJ thing is under trial. Tho yahoo would likely stand up fine given their extremely strong financials.

Just my quick 2%, cheers,

jgc
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.