Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Fellow Fools,
I just moved back to Orange County after an absence of about 15 years.
Living in San Clemente and working in Capistrano Beach at Productive Learning & Leisure - right across from Doheny State Beach on PCH - a ruff life!

Didn't see an FAQ link for this board, so I'd appreciate it if someone would tell me about any Foolish gatherings in the area. If there aren't any, I'll be glad to arrange one!

Take care,
Sara
Print the post Back To Top
BBQ @ Frazier Park (a tad north of OC,) Saturday!

Fascinating geology here, btw- (nestled in the loving arms of the San Andreas fault)

;0)

£iz
No. of Recommendations: 1
Liz wrote: BBQ @ Frazier Park (a tad north of OC,) Saturday!
Rats, I can't go. I'll stay tuned for other events. Plan something in Laguna or something.

Fascinating geology here, btw- (nestled in the loving arms of the San Andreas fault)
Yup, I actually plan to develop and lead a field trip to locales of interesting geological significance in these parts. Did anyone feel that 5.1 last night at 11:57?

rock 'n' roll,
Sara
Whislt we're rumbling around the shaky subject...

My friends need a Geological Survey of their property for some business purposes.

Would that be in your Dept?

Thanks,

£iz

(sonofa25yrCalTechEmp)
Did anyone feel that 5.1 last night at 11:57?

I did- where was the epicenter?

Normally I don't mind quakes much- but that one had some interesting wavy aftershocks that kept me thinking.
Anza, (south of Palm Springs....)
Lizard asked: My friends need a Geological Survey of their property for some business purposes. Would that be in your Dept?

Nope, I just like geology! And I don't even know who to direct you to.

Sara
I just saw your post ... I'm in Anaheim, just moved here to OC from the Silicon Valley/SF Bay Area. If anyone is planning an event or has a club that meets regularly, I would love to know !!!

Thanks,
Max
an exchange last October (!):
Somebody wrote: Fascinating geology here, btw- (nestled in the loving arms of the San Andreas fault)
Then I replied: Yup, I actually plan to develop and lead a field trip to locales of interesting geological significance in these parts.

Well, after looking up references and makes and making some hiking forays and minor field trips, I've determined that there are no truly interesting geologic locales in the Orange County area. Onto Plan B, whatever that might be.

On the other hand, the deserts and the Transverse range is truly fascinating. Maybe I can fix something up there.

Rock on,
Sara