BG
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
BG

-----------------

Well Done. Salute.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I used to read this board regularly, but I have not been on it in quite a while. I remember 2828 being a prolific, clever, hilarious poster here. Did something happen to him? I sure hope not.

-progmtl.
No. of Recommendations: 7
I remember 2828 being a prolific, clever, hilarious poster here. Did something happen to him?
Yes, the same thing that happened to CCinOC, AJ, and a couple of others whose opinions clashed with the narcissist enforcers of the group-think troika.

RayB
No. of Recommendations: 2
He’s okay, he’s on Facebook. I’m not a Facebook fan but I do check it from time to time. He’s still a hoot.

Where the heck have you been prog?
No. of Recommendations: 5
Thanks LuckyDog, I remember you as well!!

I guess I've just been too busy. Work is nuts, got divorced a few years ago, dating, raising my daughter, etc. Life has been crazy, but in many ways good.

I'm glad 2828 is still out there doing his thing, on whatever platform. The guy was/is hilarious! :)

It's amazing how these boards still survive. Mostly a bunch of old-timers (meaning joined the fool in the 90s; not elderly; I'm in my 40s! :) ) who, probably, like me, have fond memories of learning important financial things here. And while there might be better places now to talk finances, I can't fully cut the cord from the fool!

THIS IS THE SITE THAT OPENED UP THE IDEA OF RETIRING EARLY TO ME!

That is important. And I will retire early. I am 46 now and working hard at an incredibly stressful job. I'm no C-suite person, but I make modest 6-figures. By 50 there is a good chance I will walk away from all the insane stress. We'll see.

Good luck to all who have retired and aspire to retire early.

cheers,
-progmtl.