Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
For all I know, the people rec'ing my original post in this thread are doing so because they think you're the source of the dysfunction.

I'm sure that some of them are, tmeri. That's why I said I was joshing.

I don't think there is any misrepresentation in my description of the poll post, however. In the poll from Monday, 63 people said that the board is "going to hell" because of its focus on off-topic posting and personal attacks.

I'm not saying that all 63 want hocus as board general. That's far from true. But there are 63 who want either fewer personal attacks or more on-topic posting. I am working to achieve fewer personal attacks and more on-topic posting on this board. So there is a clear convergence in my interests and the interests of these 63 community members.

These 63 are the people I want to have a conversation with, not Telegraph, or Gurdison, or Hyperborea. Personally, I would be perfectly happy if those three never posted on this question again. I am not questioning their right to post. They are entitled. I am just saying that they do not add too much to the discussion, from my perspective.

You somehow overlooked this post, condemning those who complain about off-topic posts, in the same thread, which garnered 38 recs:

I don't deny that there is a substantial segment of the community that likes off-topic posting. I am just saying that there is also a substantial segment that would like more on-topic posting. I believe that as a community we need to come up with some means of addressing the needs of all segments.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.