No. of Recommendations: 0
For example, right now TD Ameritrade has an incentive of $2,500 cash if you move $1M in assets to their firm

I did not see that amount...will need to follow your link. I saw in the neighborhood of $600 or less and I am moving more than 1M.

WooHoo...yes, and I am informing my I.M. of this nice deal for me.

I have given this move a lot of thought. I've been with this Investment Manager for many years and I believe him to be honest and to have "both" our best interests up front. He has done pretty well for my investments...mostly in dividend stocks. Sometimes he comes up with an idea that I say NO! I am sure that he is getting nice incentives to move to TD....and I hear that TD does cater to individual investment advisors and perhaps gives a better deal than Fidelity.

Finding new, experienced honest, advisor would not be easy and most important, my fee with him is just .05% which I could not easily get anywhere else. I made this deal with his dad and it better not change. I mentioned to him about the $6.95 trading fees and he told me that was not going to be the amount for him..so he must be getting a deal. I will be receiving a packet and hopefully it will have trading info.

Thank you all for your excellent input!!

Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.