Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
For framing though, do I just iron it when its dry and then take it to Michael's or a frame shop and expect them to know what they are doing? I sure have no idea what it would need to be framed. Should I like glue to a mat board or something first?

Having done a few of these... ::grin:: - Wash in cold water, with woolite or a special cleaner (I don't think Needlewoman east carries it, but The Scarlet Thread may, and I *know* In Stitches, off Rte 1, does.) If you can, block it - on the ironing board or a cloth covered block, put pins in the edges with it a little stretched to make sure it dries "square". Then, if you iron it, iron the backside with the floss down, on a WHITE towel. (May be bad for the towel.)

In my experience, if you're using DMC or Anchor on Aida, it won't particularly bleed, except for RED (310), and that's never happened to *me* on washing.

DO NOT USE GLUE. And you need to cut off the tape. Sticky stuff will eventually cause your fabric to rot. And I second the other person who said "don't go to Michael's for Framing" (I'd use In Stitches, actually, they have an entire 2nd room dedicated to framing, or Needlewoman East, 'cause I like them. ::grin::) You can take it in unmounted, as long as it's clean & dry.

And don't feel bad about the UFO's... there's actually a yahoo group *called* UFO's, for us addicts - and my best friend is one of the Queens of the group... she's down to 183 *started*, unfinished objects. (Not including the stuff that's never been started.) So, you're in good company!

MaureenKaplan
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.