No. of Recommendations: 0
The following is a list of LA based companies that I
found using MSN Investor (it is now free!).  I
sorted the list by industry name as opposed to
alphabetically by company name.  

PART 1 of 2
SYM    Company Name                                        Industry Sector

LAMR   Lamar Advertising Company                           Advertising Agencies
CNRD   Conrad Industries, Inc.                             Aeorospace/Defense Products & Services
*AVDL  Avondale Industries, Inc.                           Aeorospace/Defense Products & Services
PEHLK  Petrolium Helicopters                               Air Services, Other
PHEL   Petrolium Helicopters, Inc.                         Air Services, Other
OLOG   Offshore Logistics, Inc.                            Air Services, Other
FCX.A  Freept-Mcmo Copper & Gold CL A                      Copper
FCX    Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc.¹                Copper
AKRN   Akorn, Inc.                                         Drug Related Products
ETR    Entergy Corporation²                                Electric Utilities
CNL    Cleco Corporation                                   Electric Utilities
XCL    XCL Ltd.                                            Independent Oil & Gas
SGY    Stone Energy Corporation                            Independent Oil & Gas
MMR    McMoRan Exploration Co.                             Independent Oil & Gas
COR    Crystal Gas Storage, Inc.                           Independent Oil & Gas
SGR    Shaw Group Inc.                                     Industrieal Equipment & Components
UFAB   UNIFAB International, Inc.                          Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
TMAR   Trico Marine Services, Inc.                         Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
TCMS   TransCoastal Marine Services, Inc.                  Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
SESI   Superior Energy Services, Inc.                      Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
OMNI   OMNI Energy Services Corp.                          Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
NR     Newpark Resources, Inc.                             Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
MDR    McDermott International, Inc.¹                      Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
GLBL   Global Industries, Ltd.                             Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
GIFI   Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc.                       Oil & Gas Equipment & Services
STEI   Stewart Enterprises, Inc.                           Personal Services

¹Member of S&P Industrial Index
²Member of S&P Utilities Index

*Avondale Industries is a bit of a ringer, when I
first found it it was listed as above, I checked a few
days later and found it missing from the screen that I
use, doing further research I had found that Avondale
has been bought out by Litton, so it may no longer be
considered a LA based company.
Here is a news story about it:
http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/webquote.dll?iPage=news&Symbol=AVDL&ARTICLEID=BW,1999/08/02,BW0246

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.