Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1

“this week marks the first time in the Toronto Maple Leafs 102 year history that their season is still alive in June”
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
LOL

{Honestly, I think a Toronto cup would be great for the league, prefer it be during a Bruins rebuild of course}
what’s amazing is that the Maple Leafs have the 2nd most Stanley Cups (tied with Red Wings) behind Habs but haven’t won SC since Lyndon Johnson was President!!!
whoops, hit submit message too soon...

...and for Canadian fans of Leafs 53 years ago, Lester Pearson was PM of Canada!!!
No. of Recommendations: 1
So ... if they go much longer without a cup, there may not be many Maple TREES that were alive for the last one.

: )
I was 21 years old when they won their last SC, you can do the math how old and decrepit it makes me now!!!
I would have been 4.

Went to a lot of Orr / Esposito era Bruins games as a kid, but not a lot of notable memories of the play on the ice. Remember the old garden through the eyes of a kid. Also a ticket price of $3.75. Remember a Sabres game that had fights every few minutes, and asking why they were allowed to 'stop play' by tying up the puck along the boards (remember that).