Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 26
Just wanted to share what was, for me, a MOMENTOUS occurence today...

Had our monthly kickoff meeting this morning, and while one of our vendors was up doing their dog & pony show pitching THEIR services, they referenced a couple of my staff & referred to my company name...

Not "all you guys that work with Dave" mind you... not "Dave's mortgage team" etc.... they actually didn't even ACKNOWLEDGE me (in retrospect, they were invited to speak & arranged by my admin assistant, and very possibly may not have even KNOW WHO I WAS until after their stint!)

So why is this so big, fat & hairy? The company's identity has OUTGROWN JUST ME! My child is growing up!!!

After the meeting, at the end of the regular workday... after the hourly crew was signed out & there was just one of my harder-core salespeople banging it out... our database server went wonky & I had to call in my IT guys who prognosed at least a couple hours downtime while they did electroboogie surgery.

My salesguy strongly urged me to get out while the systems were down & hit the gym... his reasoning; because the operations are growing so strongly, the company can't afford to die should anything ever happen to me (say what?!? I'm an entrepreneur... I'm invincible and immortal! HAH!... or am I?)

So... that's all really.... Don't know if this has any meaning to the gang here... other than a potentiality for if/when you achieve a certain level of momentum... if that's what you are seeking.

This board probably isn't the perfect place to post this (shoot... it's so quiet here lately nobody may even see it for a while... that's ok though... talking to myself has never made me blush ;~) I just couldn't think of anywhere else to share this quite abstract milestone.

Maybe it's time to launch a "Breaking Into Growth Mode" board? Nahhh... nobody who would actually qualify would ever show up, out of fear of jinxing themselves! LOLOL!!!!!

Well... I'll toss that superstition to the wind for now. Wish me luck!
Dave
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.