Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
For microwaved corn on the cob, I just nuke them in the husk, covered with wrap to keep moisture in.

They come out super hot, so you do need to handle them with a towel when removing the husk and the silk - and the silk peels easily away.

nag
Print the post Back To Top
My limited experience is that good ribs in the oven usually come from moist slow heat. Adding about a half cup of water to the covered roasting pan helps a lot.

I think that's the purpose of the barbecue sauce when you barbecue. It helps keep the ribs moist.
No. of Recommendations: 4
My wife buys boneless ribs when they go on sale, and bakes (roasts?) them in the oven -- easiest ever. I think I could even do it, but she's the chef here; I do the dishes.

HERESY!!! Ribs are bones. Boneless ribs are a contradiction of terms, like freeze dried water.
;-)
Axe-u-lee, country-style pork ribs aren’t ribs either, being cut up Boston butt, but they at least have bones to nibble.

The trick to cookin good ribs is simple “Slow & Low” with moisture. I usually do baby back ribs in one of my (4) smokers, usually the oldest one, over a mixture of apple wood and charcoal. I’ll smoke them for 3 1/2 or 3 hours at around 250 to 220 degrees, remove from the smoker and slather on BBQ sauce (I likes Sweet Baby Ray’s Chipotle-Raspberry Sauce and/or Kraft’s Original), wrap them in aluminum foil and return to the smoker for an udder hour or so with the smoker cooling from around 220 degrees to around 210 or 205 degrees. The extra hour wrapped in foil moistens the ribs and also gives me time to fix & bake a skillet of my Cajun cornbread, me.
;-)

I have done the country-style pork ribs in the oven when we were visiting the grandkids in Ohio 12 or 11 years ago. I broiled them for around 5 minutes per side, baked them for around 2 or 1 ½ hours at a fairly low (300 or 275 degrees) temperature with a pan of water on the lower rack and then wrapped them in aluminum foil after brushing with BBQ sauce for another hour or 45 minutes.

Occasionally Rouse’s Supermarket has the big spare ribs on sale for around $0.99/pound. I’ll sometimes buy them, brown them on the grill and cook them under sauerkraut for about 2 hours or so. For the big ribs, many Pitmasters use the 3 2 1 method of cooking, 3 hours in the smoke, 2 hours wrapped in foil and finished on the grill for an hour with s sweet sauce. That’s too much like work, IMHO.
;-(

C.J.V. - got a few slabs of BB-Ribs in the freezer when Rouse’s was selling them at $1.99/pound dis year, me
For microwaved corn on the cob, I just nuke them in the husk, covered with wrap to keep moisture in.

They come out super hot, so you do need to handle them with a towel when removing the husk and the silk - and the silk peels easily away.

nag