Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Could there be a more certain path, than removing full time employment and replacing it with a patchwork of part-time jobs?

Can you imagine the chaos that would cause and the stratification of society and the unrest?

Can you imagine a time where you as a government would be expected to step in and restore order and a more equitable structure as society crumbles?

Just curious.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Could there be a more certain path, than removing full time employment and replacing it with a patchwork of part-time jobs?

Can you imagine the chaos that would cause and the stratification of society and the unrest?

Can you imagine a time where you as a government would be expected to step in and restore order and a more equitable structure as society crumbles

Funny thing you mentioning this scenario. My husband and I discussed it just last night. When will the "have-nots" decide they have had enough and go after the "haves"? We think it's just a matter of time. We wonder why it hasn't happened already. We recently moved from Brooklyn Heights (one subway stop from Wall ST.) to a small coastal New England town. Everyone here is so nice. Store clerks are nice. The ladies at the local supermarket are delightful. We went into the local post office and they couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Not so in the city. There seemed to be a lot of angry people. There was a big divide between the haves and the have-nots. Many of the people who worked for residents of our apartment building worked at low wages either babysitting or doing the laundry for others. I think some, not all, resented the fact that they worked for people who could afford to pay them to do the things they could not do or didn't have the time to do.
Instead of being grateful to have a job, they resented their employers. Not all, but enough so that I noticed.
I did see a lot of anger and it frightened me. I wonder when it will come to a head.
We have a president who bashes the rich every single change he gets and yet the rich are providing jobs for most of us. Why is he stirring up the pot? Racial tension has never been this high. This is not the way it was supposed to be.
I am happy to be gone from the city and I never thought I'd say that.
No. of Recommendations: 1
When will the "have-nots" decide they have had enough and go after the "haves"?

I think this has been occurring for quite some time. They have used the government to make the transfer. The promise of these property snatchings in fact seems to be the mission of politicians on both sides of the isle. The purpose of course is not in helping the poor but to retain power.

The question I really have is when will the haves decide they've had enough and leave the grid so-to-speak ala John Galt.