Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
For the most part, the people who give advice only recommend funds that give them a kickback one way or another. A part of the load, etc.

That is why the advice you get is so consistently terrible. They limit themselves to the funds that pay for recommendations.

Every now and then, particularly when my Waterhouse account is mostly cash, somebody will call and try to relieve me of some of that cash. His attitude is that since I am in cash (usually when the market is tanking) I must not know how to invest. Of corse, in my IRA I cannot short stocks when the market tanks, so I have to be in cash (or perhaps a "short" fund, but those do not perform very well).

Of course, it is always a load fund.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.