Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
For those who are willing to pay commissions the Pro interface has a "Rebalance Feature" that you can add to your top icon bar. Using that feature you put in your symbols, set the percentages you want the symbols to be of your portfolio and it will automatically generate the necessary buys/sells based on the latest close from when you hit the "Create Rebalance Orders" button.

You can also mess with defaults to set dollars vs. shares and use fractional shares if that's what you prefer.

Personally, I think if you have a portfolio of any decent size you should go the commissions route for better executions. Side note: On another board I've read that IB is working on a Folio-like trading approach that should be out sometime this summer. (Don't know if that is true since I moved my Folio stuff to M1 a couple of years ago.)

I have accounts with multiple brokers...if you are a Folio refugee, suggest you look into M1. For simplicity I think they are very good/possibly the best right now.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.